Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First Haircut














































Well doesn't Owen look cute?? Now that he has shorter locks he looks so grownup. Owen seemed to enjoy the haircut. He just wanted to see what kathy was doing with those scissors. Finn on the other hand wasn't so happy. But, they really needed one so here you have it. Well we've had to change up Finn's treament plan because he started having tremors again. When we checked his antibody levels they were at zero. Normaly this would be could but, because he is still showing symptoms we aren't sure what to do. So now we are doing high steriod bursts at home. I give 20 mls 2X a day for three days IV. So, I have accessed him myself. That was an experience. I had to numb his skin around the port then push the needle into the port and take draws and administer the meds. I feel pretty accomplished. Maybe in my next life I could become a nurse. Quinn competed in his first swim meet last Saturday. My hands were to full to take pictures. But just imagine that the age group he competed in was 13yrs. to 18yrs. When he got up on the blocks for the first time he was sandwhiched between these two 16 year old boys. Quinn looked like a runt. But his heart was bigger than the two of theirs put together. He didn't have achance at winning. I am so proud of him. He didn't give up. This was a challenge for him and he worked hard. By the time he finished his race the crowd was cheering for him. Yes I had one of those teary mom moments. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. What a great kid. Khaner is trying to do better and he has his moments. Usually when he is getting something out of it. But I'm sure things will turn around eventually; right??????

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Good girl! Look at you, two blogs in one week. I'm impressed.

The haircut pics turned out cute! And, good for Quinn! It's hard to do something that is scary, and it's those who do that succeed.

The Cheney Family said...

that is sweet about Qinn. You have great kids. I am also impressed about your blogging skills this week.

weldon

Hamblin Family said...

I hope that Khaner will turn around for you because it sounds like you have your hands full with 4 kids and Finn! I pray that Finn will improve. I don't know if this, is tremors but low count, is good or bad so fill me in on that!